So, do you hate going to the gym but still want to lose those 10 pounds until your next event?
Well, I’ve got good news for you . . .
You don’t need a gym to torch fat.
You see, sometimes no matter how serious your fitness intentions are, staying home and watching Netflix is still the better option. And, let’s face it, you don’t need to hit the gym so you can get in shape anyway.
Thankfully, all you need are some killer exercises and a set of dumbells to lose the weight that you want.
In this “at home workouts for women” article, you’re about to find out the best home workouts for women to lose weight.
And the best part is . . .
All you need is just a pair of dumbbells.
So, let’s dive in and discuss the workout routines.
Exercise 1: Shoulder Taps, 3 sets of 15 reps
So you know, this is an exercise that challenges your body’s ability not to rotate. More than that, it’s a great warm-up movement that can elevate the heart quickly to start the fat burning processes.
How to do shoulder taps:
- Start in a pushup position with your arms straight.
- Lift your left hand off the floor and start touching your right shoulder, while you keep your hips stable.
- Place your left hand back down and start touching your right hand to your left shoulder.
Congratulations, you just did one full rep of this exercise.
Exercise 2: Squat Jacks, 3 sets of 15 reps
If you want to start burning fat at major paces — then jumping exercises should be your go-to ones. The best thing is that they challenge your muscles to the maximum in very short intervals.
So you know, these types of exercises will get your heart rate into the fat-burning zone very fast.
Why is that?
Well, by using most of your lower body muscles — you start burning a lot more calories. And that’s because they are all big muscles.
More than that, jumping exercises also help you develop power and endurance.
How to do squat jacks:
- Start with your feet hip-width apart and lower your body until your knees bend at almost 90 degrees.
- Explosively jump your leg outward while immediately jump to bring them back to the starting point.
Congratulations, you just did one full rep of squat jack.
Related: Bikini Body Workouts Review: Hot To Get A Bikini Body?
Exercise 3: Renegade Row, 3 sets of 12 reps
You see, doing a high plank with a dumbbell row will put your whole body under tension. More than that, this exercise is very good for burning fat, since it’s a stabilizing and strength exercise.
How to do a renegade row:
- Start in the pushup position with both hands on small dumbbells and your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Start bending your right arm and raise the dumbbell close to the chest level. Then slowly return to the floor.
You just did a full renegade row rep.
Exercise 4: Squat To Overhead Press, 3 sets of 12 reps
This is one of the best exercises for women to include in their home workouts to lose weight.
What makes it so special?
Well, this move works your largest muscles in the lower body combining it with a compound exercise with the upper body — making it ideal for building muscle and lose fat.
So, what’s the best part of this exercise?
The best part is the “after-burn” effect you feel after doing it.
You see, your body burns extra calories after you’re done training to recover.
Related: Keto For Weight Loss: How To Use Ketogenic Diet For Losing Weight
How to do a squat to overhead press:
- Firstly, get a pair of dumbbells and hold them close to your shoulders.
- Secondly, squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor, then stand up and start pressing the dumbbells straight above the shoulders.
Congratulations, you just did one full rep of squat to overhead press.
Exercise 5: Dumbbell Deadlift To Row, 3 sets of 12 reps
You see, associating a deadlift with a row is the perfect combination to target the large posterior muscles in your body.
And as you know, the larger the muscles you engage, the more calories you burn.
More than that, this exercise puts your calorie into overdrive after you complete the workout.
How to do a dumbbell to deadlift row:
- With your knees slightly bent, start holding a pair of dumbbells with your palms facing your thighs. Start bending at your hips and begin lowering your torso until it’s almost parallel to the floor.
- Secondly, bend your elbows so you can pull both dumbbells to the side of your torso. Pause and slowly lower — then raise your torso back to the starting position.
And that’s a full dumbbell to deadlift row rep.
Exercise 6: Dumbbell Reverse Lunge With Front Raise, 3 sets of 15 reps
A very nice killer exercise . . .
You see, this movement burns fat by pairing a lower-body compound exercise with an upper-body single action. The good thing is it targets some of your biggest muscle groups!
Related: Yoga Burn Review: Is It The Best Yoga Challenge?
How to do a dumbbell reverse lunge with front raise:
- Firstly, get a dumbbell and hold it with both arms in front of you with your palms facing each other.
- Secondly, step your left leg backward and lower your body into the lunge position, while raising your arms in front of you. Raise them until they’re parallel to the floor. After that, lower your arms and bring the left leg back to stand. Repeat the action with your right leg.
Congratulations, you just did one full rep of dumbbell reverse lunge with front raise.
Exercise 7: Mountain Climber, 3 sets of 20 reps
You see, the mountain climber is another great at-home workout exercise for you to lose weight.
Most women include this movement in their daily home workouts, and you should try it too.
So you know, this move is the perfect addition to a HIIT (high-intensity interval training) workout so you can maximize the fat burning processes.
Why is it so?
Well, the mountain climber is great for endurance training and seriously engages your core. You can move fast, but always make sure you keep the correct form to get the full benefits.
How to do a mountain climber:
- Firstly, start in the pushup position and bring your right knee towards the chest.
- Return to the starting position and then repeat with the other foot.
You just did a full mountain climber rep!
Exercise 8: Dumbbell Skier Swing, 3 sets of 15 reps
It’s all about endurance . . .
With this particular exercise!
The best moment to do this exercise is at the end of your at-home workout routine. It’s the ideal exercise to torch fat during your metabolic circuit.
Two more great outcomes of this exercise?
A tight butt and ripped abs.
How to do a dumbbell skier swing, 3 sets of 15 reps
- Firstly, hold a pair of dumbbells at your sides and stand with feet hip-width apart. Start pushing your hips back and bring both weights slightly behind you.
- Secondly, thrust your hips forward and squeeze your glutes as you bring both dumbbells to shoulder height. After this, return to the starting position.
Congratulations, you just did one dumbbell skier swing full rep.
If you want to discover more at-home workout routines for women, you should try the Bikini Body Workouts program by Jen Ferrugia.
So you know, this plan includes the best home workouts for women to lose weight.
You can read here the full review article for this program.